We usually post a new recipe weekly on Wednesdays but this week we’re sharing an extra post! This dessert is so good that we couldn’t avoid our conscience to not share it ASAP! Because, seriously, it’s that good!! Our VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GANACHE is so dark, rich, and smooth, it’s the answer to a chocolate lovers dreams. Unlike most chocolate cakes we’ve tasted this one is simply divine. You’ll find a secret ingredient in this recipe just as we did in last week’s post…no not beer– coffee! We like to add instant coffee crystals to our batter to enhance all the beautiful chocolatey goodness of the 100% cocoa. This ganache is made up of traditional ingredients with a plant-based twist. Traditionally ganache is made of equal parts chocolate and heavy cream but to make this decadent chocolate cake all vegan we’ve swapped heavy cream for oat milk and cut down the chocolate quantity. Do I have your mouth watering yet? Lets, get baking!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GANACHE:
CHOCOLATE CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened 100% cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1 cup (vegan) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla oat milk
CHOCOLATE CAKE METHOD:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together, flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt.
- To the same bowl whisk in sugar and instant coffee.
- In a same mixing bowl, stir in, vanilla, vinegar, oil, and water.
- Pour batter into a small square or round ungreased cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F When done baking, set on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before taking in out of pan to place on serving dish. Let cool completely before pouring on ganache.
- If baking in an 8×8 square pan, bake for about 30 mins or until you do the toothpick test and the toothpick comes out clean.
- If baking in a 8″ round pan, (like what we used) bake for about 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean in toothpick test.
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour in chocolate chips.
- In a small saucepan, pour in oat milk. Heat until just before the boiling point.
- Pour heated milk over the chocolate chips and let stand for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, whisk together to incorporate the chocolate chips and oat milk.
- Let stand for about half an hour so the ganache can cool and thicken up a bit.
- Ladle ganache over the cooled chocolate cake. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Best if kept refrigerated. Enjoy!