Yesterday I was looking up at the clouds and they were so big and fluffy they got me thinking about a dessert I used to love as a kid ( well who am I kidding? I still do!) that was basically cream cheese and cherry pie filling swirled together. The only difference now is that my mind goes on a trip of how we can veganize it. Our FRESH CHERRY CREAM CHEESE DELIGHT has crushed up mini Oreos and fresh sweet cherries in clouds of sweetened (vegan) cream cheese. We’ve added chocolate cookies to it for that yummy combination of chocolate and cherries- which also happens to be a favorite flavor combination of ours. This recipe is vegan but you can make it non-vegan if you prefer– it may also be the easiest recipe we’ve shared yet! So, let’s hop to it!
FRESH CHERRY CREAM CHEESE DELIGHT
- 8 ounces (vegan) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk– we used almond milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces mini oreos, crushed
- About 15 fresh sweet cherries, cut in half/ pitted
- In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, vanilla, and milk. With an electric beater, combine together until smooth.
- To that bowl add in powdered sugar and with an electric beater combine the sugar into the cream cheese until well incorporated.
- Add the crushed oreos and pitted/halved cherries to the cream cheese mixture. Fold together until well mixed in.
- Until ready to serve or leftovers, keep in the refrigerator.