Since Valentine’s Day is approaching this weekend we thought we would feature a sweet treat for the day of love. This is perfect for the chocolate peanut butter lover in your life. Or maybe you’re the chocolate peanut butter lover in your life. Whoever loves this classic taste combo, you’ll be showered in love for making our CHOCOLATE COATED SALTED PISTACHIO PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLES. I know I know, that recipe title is kinda a mouth full but that’s perfect because these truffles are full of flavor! One thing you can count on us for is flavorful bites! These truffles are a nice little treat to share or hey, keep to yourself. It’s the day of love and who says you shouldn’t shower yourself with some special indulgences on this day? I say yes! Like that quote says from Lucille Ball; ” Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.” Our Chocolate Coated Salted Pistachio Peanut Butter Truffles have a salt topped chocolate coating over a peanut butter center that has a bite of creamy pistachio and a hint of warm cinnamon. So, let’s get cooking–well, actually, let’s get rolling because there is no cooking!
CHOCOLATE COATED SALTED PISTACHIO PEANUT BUTTER TRUFFLES:
*Makes 10 Truffles*
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon milk (we used oat)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped pistachios + 1 teaspoon for topping
- 3/4 cup (vegan) chocolate chips, for melting
- Coarse or flaky salt, for topping
- Start by preparing your pistachios. In a mortar and pestle or with a sharp knife, carefully crush and break up the pistachios until they are finely chopped similar to the photo below. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the peanut butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, dash of salt, milk, and cinnamon. Fold all ingredients together until a paste forms.
- Fold in 2 teaspoons of the chopped pistachios.
- Roll the truffle mixture into equal sized balls. Should give you about ten. Set aside.
- On medium heat, bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil. When the water is boiling place a slightly larger saucepan on top of the pan with boiling water. Add the chocolate chips to the empty pan. With a wooden spoon, stir the chocolate chips until they are melted- smooth and creamy. Keep the pans on the heat as you do this.
- When the chocolate is melted, carefully and gently roll the truffle balls in the chocolate, about 2-3 at a time. Make sure the chocolate is covering all sides of the balls. Place coated truffles on a parchment lined dish. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray before laying the chocolate truffles on top.
- While the chocolate is still melty, sprinkle the truffles with a pinch of chopped pistachios and coarse/flaky salt.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving. You can place the dish in the refrigerator to speed the setting process along.