Taking a detour from entree recipes with our APPLE MAPLE PECAN CHUTNEY. This chutney’s sweet apples and smooth yet subtle crunchy pecans pair perfectly in a maple based sauce. The caramel and vanilla flavors of maple syrup show through in this chutney that is a delicious topping for oatmeal, whole grain toast, pancakes, french toast, or, well–the possibilities can go on and on. So, let’s hop to it!
APPLE MAPLE PECAN CHUTNEY:
- 4-5 medium apples, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon date syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine together apples, lemon juice, maple extract, maple syrup, and granulated sugar.
- Pour apple mixture into a saucepan and cook until apples are tender but not too soft.
- Remove from heat. Fold in the date syrup. Let apples cool completely.
- When the apples are fully cooled down, fold in chopped pecans.
*** Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.***