There’s nothing quite like a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter’s day. Our RICE SOUP is a perfect meal to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie with. It has classic soup veggies like; carrots, onion, and celery. Along with mushrooms, long grain white rice, and cannellini beans. The smooth buttery consistency of the beans is a nice addition to the chewy rice in this soup. To make the broth we used Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken Base. We love this brand because it’s full of flavor and a jar can go a long way. In the ingredients list, you’ll see it says vegetable broth. You can use the chickenless broth or veggie broth- or whatever broth you prefer. By the way, we are not sponsored by Better Than Bouillon, we just really love this product. We also like to make garlic bread with most of our soups. Gotta love the way the broth soaks into the garlicky goodness of the toast! You could also cut the toast into croutons, like we did here. So, let’s hop to it!
- 2 Stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 Carrot, sliced thin
- 3-4 White button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, diced
- 1 Small onion, diced
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 4 1/2 Cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Cup white rice
- 1/2 Cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- In a small saucepan add about 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Heat the pan on medium heat and add in the celery, onion, carrots, and mushroom. Let the veggies sweat a bit then add in the garlic. Saute for about 3-5 minutes until translucent. Stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables are translucent, pour in the veggie broth, dried parsley, onion powder, and celery seed. Stir to combine.
- Cook and bring broth to a boil. When the broth has come to a boil, stir in the rice.
- When the rice is cooked, add in the beans. Stir to incorporate together.
- Serve with garlic toast/croutons.*