It’s hard to believe that in the middle of August at almost 100°F we could be in the mood for autumn flavors of pumpkin, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. However, I find myself dreaming of cooler temps, cute sweaters, and homemade goodies of fall flavors. Thankfully in the mornings it’s cool enough to jump start the day by baking off a quick bread to have for breakfast. All this autumn daydreaming has brought us to today’s post—VEGAN PUMPKIN BREAD. It’s a subtle sweet, mildly spiced, creamy pumpkin flavored bread that is perfect for breakfast with jam and a cup of tea or after a meal for dessert toasted with a little (vegan) butter and maple syrup. However you like it, you’ll be sure to like this bread no matter what time of year we happen to be in. So, let’s get baking!
VEGAN PUMPKIN BREAD
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plant milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 8×4 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, olive oil, flax seed, water, and maple extract until smooth.
- Pour the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes out of the oven on a cooling rack before removing from the pan. Enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Vegan Pumpkin Bread”
Your vegan pumpkin bread looks yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe 🙂
Awe, thank you so much! Really appreciate your comment 💚
Looks good. I’ll have to try this recipe sometime.
Thank you so much! Please do give it a try! Hope you like it as much as we do. 💚
LikeLiked by 1 person