Since childhood I’ve always had a love for cereal and on top of my favorites list was and still is Fruity Pebbles. I’ve also always had a fondness for rice crispy treats. One day I was craving both so I decided to combine the two and so my new favorite cereal treat was formed! FRUITY PEBBLES CRISPY TREATS are the best kind of cereal treat. Made with half fruity pebbles, half regular rice cereal and mini vegan marshmallows this recipe is gooey, slightly sweet and the perfect rainbow treat! They’re what I’m looking for in a nosh– delicious, pretty, and vegan. So, let’s hop to it!
FRUITY PEBBLES CRISPY TREATS:INGREDIENTS:
- 3 Cups plain rice crispy cereal
- 3 Cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 10 ounce bag (vegan) mini marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons (vegan) butter
- Cooking spray
- First you’ll wanna get out 2 large mixing bowls. One to mix the dry cereals together and the other to combine the marshmallow and cereals together. You’ll also need a 9 inch baking pan and a large saucepan.
- Spray the 9 inch baking pan and one of the mixing bowls thoroughly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the other mixing bowl combine the plain rice cereal, and fruity pebbles together until evenly distributed.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows on low-medium heat, constantly stirring until you’ve got a smooth consistency.
- Moving quickly, pour half the cereal mixture into the mixing bowl prepped with cooking spray and half the melted marshmallow. Pour in the remaining cereal and remaining marshmallow into the bowl. With a wooden spoon, stir and fold very quickly until all the melted marshmallows are coating the cereal.
- Pour into the baking pan coated with cooking spray. With your hands, mold the crispy mixture down into the pan.
- Let cool and set completely before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.