When the autumn season is near that makes me think of football and when I think football food, I think chili. This week’s featured recipe is our YELLOW TOMATO BLACK BEAN CHILI. Just as the title suggests, this dish has yellow tomatoes, and black beans but also red and green bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and plant-based burger. Each spoonful is the perfect blend of fresh mild tomato flavor with a little kick of jalapeno heat. This chili is so so so good– I’m really looking forward to crashing on the couch with a bowl of this chili, a side of garlic toast, and a local football game on the tv! Come to think of it– the colors of this bowl are black and yellow. Guess, we know what team we’re kicking the season off with. Football game or not, this chili is delicious anytime. So, let’s hop to it!
YELLOW TOMATO BLACK BEAN CHILI:
- 29 ounce can yellow tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of canned diced jalapeno that has been drained
- 2- 15.5 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound plant-based burger crumbles– we used Incogmeato™ *Not Sponsored*
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 small onion, diced
- Half of a red & green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon powdered onion
- 1 Tablespoon powdered garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil, enough for cooking
- In a large saucepan add a drizzle of olive oil, diced bell peppers, and diced fresh onion. Saute on low-medium heat for about two minutes.
- To the saucepan add in plant-based burger crumbles, dried onion, liquid smoke, and dried oregano. Cook until everything is heated through.
- Add in the tomato sauce, water, onion powder, garlic powder, and jalapenos. Stir together to incorporate all ingredients together.
- Add black beans, fold together.
- Simmer on low heat until everything is heated through.