As a vegetarian/vegan blog we love to take classic non-veg dishes and give them a tasty meat free and/or dairy free twist! This week we’re bringing you a down home classic– meatloaf. Our BEYOND MEATLOAF uses beyond meat burgers with our delicious choice of aromatic veggies and flavor boosting spices and herbs, even a meat eater won’t be able to resist this plant-based version! Our go to flavors of onion, garlic, basil, and parsley infuse perfectly in our meatless meatloaf. You’ll also find ingredients you commonly see in this classic homey dish, ketchup and mustard. Plus a couple of our favorite flavor add-ins, soy sauce and hot sauce. So, let’s get cooking!
- 5 beyond meat burger patties
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons dried onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup + more for topping
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 egg replacer
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (we like to use oat milk)
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 shakes of hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- If you’re not using a silicone loaf pan, prepare the pan you’re using by spraying it with some cooking spray, set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place mixture in loaf pan. Top with a spread of ketchup.
- Bake at 400° F for 45-60 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf cool down a bit before unmolding it.