A few months back we bought an air fryer and have been playing around with some yummy recipes.This week we’re debuting our first air fryer recipe on the blog! CRISPY POTATO CHIP TOFU BITES combine two of my favorite yums– crunchy potato chips and creamy tofu. You can use any flavor of chip that you fancy. We think barbeque and traditional plain are the tastiest, but follow your heart on choosing your potato chip flavor. These tofu bites are great to add to a salad, make into a taco, or just pop them on their own. We add a bit of garlic to help season the flour just a bit, because, I’m not sure if a savory recipe from us would be complete without a touch of garlic! One of the great things about these bites is it only takes 5 minutes to bake in the air fryer!! So, let’s hop to it!
CRISPY POTATO CHIP TOFU BITES:
- 7 ounces Extra firm tofu.
- At least 2 cups coarsely ground up chips
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup just egg brand
- 4 heaping Tablespoons flour
- 2 heaping Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray for baking
- Start by draining the water from the tofu package. Press between a few paper towels to press out any excess water. Then cut into cubes. Should make about 16 cubes.
- Set out 3 dishes for a dredging station—
- In one dish stir together the crumbled chips and panko bread crumbs.
- In another dish pour in the just egg.
- In the third dish stir together, flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Dip each cube in the egg, then dredge in flour, then back in the egg, and then into the chips.
- When all the tofu cubes are coated- spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the tofu cubes in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Give the coated tofu cubes a spray of cooking spray.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F Bake for 5 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack. Sprinkle with a little salt. Let cool a bit.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.