This past week has been a stressful one– I’m sorry to say this week’s featured recipe won’t have a flourish to its description paragraph like I usually like to add. Hopefully this week will be better and I can let my mind relax and just have fun with the next upcoming recipe. If you follow us on Instagram you may have seen our latest post of COUSCOUS RAINBOW SALAD. In this entry I’ll finally be sharing the recipe I promised to share on that Instagram post.
This salad has cherry tomatoes, red and orange baby bell peppers, flat Italian leaf parsley, green onions, purple radish, and black olives folded together in a sweet lemon/ olive oil dressing among cooked couscous. It’s a lovely addition to summer salad eating. So, let’s hop to it!
COUSCOUS RAINBOW SALAD
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 baby bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 3 purple radishes, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces of a 10 ounce box of couscous. ( We cooked the whole box then divided it in half. Then made this and another salad. Will share the other recipe later.)
- 1 small handful flat Italian parsley, chopped
- About 10 small black olives, halved
- 3 green onions, sliced. (We used the whole green onion.)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by cooking couscous according to package instructions. When done cooking, let cool almost completely.
- In a mixing bowl, add lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Add in 5 ounces couscous (half the amount of cooked couscous). Add in veggies, fold together so the dressing is covering the couscous and veggies. If you think it could use a little more oil, drizzle in as needed.