We’ve got a tasty fresh fruit salad in a sustainable bowl for you this week! Our LEMON MINT INFUSED FRUIT SALAD has some of summertime’s favorite fruits– pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, red seedless grapes, and banana in a delicious simple syrup that is the perfect infusion of more warm weather flavor, mint and lemon. All this deliciousness is served in a hollowed out half of pineapple. Love a treat where nothing goes to waste– now that’s beautifully delicious! So, let’s hop to it!
LEMON MINT INFUSED FRUIT SALAD:
- 1 ripe whole pineapple, you’ll be using the fruit for the salad and turning half the pineapple into a serving bowl.
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup strawberries, halved or quartered
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1/2-1 banana, sliced
LEMON MINT SIMPLE SYRUP INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 large handful of fresh mint
- Start by making the simple syrup. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer for a minute or two. Then remove from the heat and let cool completely. When cooled down, strain the mint from the pan.
- While the lemon mint simple syrup is cooking, begin to prep the fruit.
- For the pineapple- cut in half vertically down through the stem. Spoon out the middle of one half of the pineapple being careful not to poke through the rind of the fruit. Set aside.
- After trimming off the rind of the watermelon, cantaloupe, and the other half of the pineapple- cut into cubes. Preferable bite sized pieces. Add to a mixing bowl.
- To the same mixing bowl add the blueberries, strawberries, and grapes. Fold together so they can all mingle together.
- When the lemon mint simple syrup has cooled completely and you’ve strained out the fresh mint. Pour the syrup over the fruit in the mixing bowl. Fold together so that the syrup coats all the fruit. Add in the sliced banana and give it another gentle stir.
- Spoon the fruit salad into the bowl of hollowed out half of pineapple. Garnish with fresh mint.