Staying true to our love for Mediterrain flavors, we’re giving the idea of hummus an Italian twist. CANNELLINI BEAN DIP has the rich velvety texture of hummus but with robust flavors of garlic ( because if you’re a regular here, you know how much we love garlic), lemon, and an herb we don’t use very much, rosemary. Because cannellini beans are a mild flavor on their own- like a blank flavor canvas- they take on these flavorsome components nicely. I’ve always loved how well garlic, lemon, and rosemary work as a great tasty team. Extra virgin olive oil is added to this dip just as it would be in traditional hummus. Before serving we like to swirl a touch more olive oil on top along with a twist or two of the salt grinder. It is our recommendation that you refrigerate this dip before serving to give the flavors a chance to marry. Serve with fresh veggies, naan or pita bread, crackers, or use as a spread in a sandwich or wrap. So, let’s hop to it!
CANNELLINI BEAN DIP
- 1 15 ounce can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest AND Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a food processor add in beans, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic cloves, rosemary, 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and a little salt and pepper.
- Pulse the food processor until the beans have broken down.
- Add in the final tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and give the food processor a few more pulses until the dip in smooth and creamy.
- Scrap into a lidded container and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.